As you are about to hear in this PODCAST, The Apostle Paul made an astonishing statement to the committed-Christ-Followers living in Rome.
In other words, to those living in the belly of the beast.
- Rome. The capital of an Empire that redefined hedonism, paganism, unbridled moral perversion.
- Rome. The city that literally drank itself into daily stupor on cheap wine and human blood.
- Rome. The city of the Colosseum and Gladiator.
- Rome. The city where human life held zero value.
- Rome. The city of which Paul wrote in Romans 1, “They invent new ways of sinning… They are heartless, and have no mercy. They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse, they approve and applaud others who practice them.”
- Rome. The epitome of a religiously/politically lethal environment for every follower of Jesus.
- Rome. Where Peter would eventually be crucified.
- Rome. Where Paul himself would be beheaded.
So to encourage these embattled believers living right there as residence of this ancient sin-city, Paul wrote this amazing statement in his letter to the Roman believers,
“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
In a city where everyone was against these beleaguered believers in Jesus, Paul assured them that God would never be against them. God would never be against then because God was for them.
Guess what? He is for you too!
A blessedly-beautiful three-in-one proposition.
Please remember that depending upon your web browser and connection speed, it may take up to 60 seconds for this podcast to begin to play.